What Is Terrazo
Used in many innovative and recyclable projects in the building industry, Terrazzo tile dates back to Italy of the 16th century and is the oldest recycling environmentalist flooring product in history. Italian building masters of the period blended with cement mortar using granite, marble and various stone pieces and formed a decorative coating material and has taken the form of today with the development of technology over the years.
Why Terrazzo Tile ?
Today, terrazo tile has reached its final shape with the high press and vacuum machines developed by Italian technology. With these vacuum press machines, terrazo tiles have now started to replace granite, basalt and marble in the sector by increasing the very high strength and quality. In addition to the upper / lower calibration, polishing, honing, brushing and sandblasting machines, which are located on the continuation of the production line, the surface treatments are made according to the needs by making appropriate operations for the indoor and outdoor areas of the Terrazzo. Even one step further, very special terrazo tiles were obtained with the mixes prepared with many different natural stones and started to be the sought-after material of architects and engineers in prestige projects.
Terrazzo Tile Application and Maintanence Guide
DESENTAŞ terrazo floor coverings are shipped with pallets and packaging. Preferring flatbed trucks or tractors is important for easy lowering of products on the job site. For lowering, the truck will be the most suitable vehicle to prevent less impact and pallet distortion. If the forklift cannot be adjusted, the products can be lowered manually from the vehicle, but in manual lowering, the treated surfaces of the products must be stacked vertically by looking at each other.
* While laying the products on the floor, application should be done using cement mortar or granite / ceramic adhesives. There should be no mortar cavity under the terrazzo tile.
* During the preparation of the leveling mortar, 1 pcs of Portland Cement and 4 pcs of Washed Screened Sieve should be prepared by mixing dry sand in the range of 0-5mm sieve, and the mortar should be prepared by diluting it partly. Excess mortar should not be prepared to prevent drying. After the prepared leveling mortar is brought to the ground level with a trowel, you can place Desterrazo Tiles with a plastic mallet by sprinkling some cement and water on the mortar so that the Terrazoes can fully adhere. Recommended leveling mortar min. 15mm and max. 30mm.
* Recommended joint spacing should be at least 2mm. Before removing the grout, the grouts and tiles must be cleaned and dry. Joint treatment should be done at least 3 days after Desterrazo Tiles are applied.
* For the grouting process, white cement, marble powder should be prepared in the consistency of boza using pigment according to the color and applied in a way to fill the gaps between them. Cleaning should be done 12 hours after the joint application is completed, products with acid content or detergents should NOT be used. Cleaning with the recommended cleaning product ARAP SOAP should be completed with plenty of water..
* DesTerrazo products that have been completed should not be stepped on during the first 24 hours and the area should be fully opened for at least 7 days.
* It is important that the weather conditions are suitable for outdoor applications. In extreme cold, hot and rainy weather, the flooring mortar is adversely affected and can not serve.